LW3 is a new line of vectorial drives belonging to the Titanio family, characterised by innovative performance. Built by integrating the new ‘Else - Error Less Servo Efficient technology’, with the accurate control of the sinusoidal current, these drives allow to command stepper motors with a drastic noise reduction, less heating and extremely smooth movements. Suitable for driving 2-phase hybrid stepper motors, they can be coupled mainly with the series of motors from 0.8” to 3.4”. Completely digital and made using Arm Core M4 technology, LW3 drives offer exceptional reliability combined with mechanical compactness and a competitive price. They can be used in many types of machines where there is already a controller for the generation of digital clock & direction signals, such as X-Y tables, labelling machines, laser cutters, pick-place devices, engraving tables, etc. and they are recommended in all applications in which not only versatility, precision and speed are required, but also smooth and silent movements as in the medical field.
|Power supply voltage||24 [Vcc] ÷ 80 [Vcc]|
|Output current||0.2 [A/ph rms] ÷ 3.2 [A/ph rms] 0.3 [A/ph peak] ÷ 4.5 [A/ph peak]|
|Interface control mode||Clock & Direction|
|Power stage||H bridge bipolar chopper at 40 kHz.|
|Digital inputs||4 optoisolated 2 - 24Vdc 2 MHz NPN or PNP or Line Driver.|
|Digital outputs||1 Digital OUT 24 Vdc - 100 mA for status monitoring|
|Open or Close loop||Open loop|
|Step resolution||From 200 up to 51200 step/revolution (emulated).|
|Safety protections||Over/Under voltage, Over Current, Over Temperature, Short Circuit Phase/Phase and Phase/Ground|
|Status monitoring||3 LED with guiding light (green and red/yellow)|
|Operative temperature||0 [°C] ~ 50 [°C]|
|Storage temperature||0 [°C] ~ 55 [°C]|
|Humidity||0 [%] ~ 90 [%]|
|Dimensions H x L x W||30.0 [mm] x 128.0 [mm] x 74.0 [mm]|
- Sensorless motor stall detection
- Integrated diagnostics
- Motor short-circuit protections, open phases, over and under voltage and temperature
- Vectorial control: the sinusoidal regulation with‘Else’ technology keeps the motor torque constant, allowing smooth and silent movements
- Smooth movements
- Compact size
- Silent rotation
- Low EMC emissions
- Software resonance damping
- Auto-tuning of the motor control parameters
- High efficiency current regulation
- Reduction of motor temperatures
- Digital inputs from 2 to 24 Vdc
- Fast and easy installation
- Setting of the current value by means of dip-switches
- ● Selection of the step angle by means of roto-switches. In order to maintain compatibility with traditional drivers, step angles have been emulated through software, the current regulation is always sinusoidal.
- ● Possibility to select ﬁve user functions:
- 1 - enabling of motor stall detection. Reading the motor BEMF, LW3 drivers detect without encoder the step loss, showing alarm status with the Fault digital OUT and a LED sequence.
- 2 - Step/Direction or Clock-Up / Clock-Down control mode.
- 3 - Enable input management (safety control).
- 4 - 30% or 70% automatic current reduction (still motor).
- 5 - enabling of “Clock Test” function, useful during the driver’s installation, which shows the right presence of the clock signal through status LED ﬂashing.